- Ideal for scanning applications or high-precision positioning
- Cleanroom compatible
- Travel ranges to 500 mm × 1000 mm
- Load capacity to 245 N
- Resolution to 1 nm, Velocity to 2 m/s
- Three performance classes: Base, Plus, and Ultra
PIglide reference-class XY positioning system
The PIglide HS planar scanner has magnetic linear motors, vacuum preload, and an absolute encoder: Contact- and friction-free motion for the highest accuracy and reliability.
The positioning system was designed to maximize the throughput and ensure the highest precision. Flexible coupling of the bridge axis to the gantry axis allows lateral decoupling without sacrificing the stiffness of the system.
The A-322 is coupled with industry-leading controllers and drive modules from ACS that offer superior servo performance, advanced control algorithms to improve dynamic performance and error compensation, and a wide suite of software development tools.
The A-322 series is a starting point for further adaptations. Critical core components such as linear motors, measuring systems, and air bearing assemblies have already been developed, tested, and have proven their capabilities. Depending on the application and requirements of the customer, a variant of the A-322 series forms the ideal starting point for a tailor-made, ultraprecise solution.
3 performance and price classes
- Base: XY gantry design with 3 standard linear motors.
- Plus: XY gantry design with 3 liquid-cooled, high-performance linear motors. For applications with a high duty cycle and high accelerations.
- Ultra: XY gantry design with 4 liquid-cooled, high-performance linear motors. Both the X and the Y axis have 2 linear motors and 2 linear encoders each. This design improves the positioning accuracy, repeatability, and error compensation, in particular for loads with large dimensions.
Absolute encoders supply explicit position information that enables immediate determination of the position. This means that referencing is not required during switch-on, which increases efficiency and safety during operation.
PIMag® magnetic direct drive
3-phase magnetic direct drives do not use mechanical components in the drivetrain, they transmit the drive force to the motion platform directly and without friction. The drives reach high velocities and accelerations. Ironless motors are particularly suitable for positioning tasks with the highest demands on precision because there is no undesirable interaction with the permanent magnets. This allows smooth running even at the lowest velocities and at the same time, there is no vibration at high velocities. Nonlinearity in control behavior is avoided and any position can be controlled easily. The drive force can be set freely.
Accessories and options
- PIglide Filter and Air Preparation Kits
- Additional axes
- Machine bases
- Base plates made of granite and systems for reducing vibration
- Suitable mounts for additional positioners such as tip/tilt platforms or 6-axis positioners with piezo drives.
Long lifetime, cleanroom compatible drag chains
The A-322 has high-quality, long-lasting ribbon cables and pneumatic hoses. Extensive research and development has resulted in an optimized cable management system that enables millions of maintenance-free cycles. Teflon coating ensures low particle formation.
PIglide positioning systems are ideally suited for many high-precision applications, such as metrology, photonics, and precision scanning as well as in semiconductor or flat panel display manufacturing.
Thanks to the friction-free motion, no particles are formed, which makes PIglide stages ideal for cleanroom applications.
A-322 3-D model
Air Bearings: When to Use and When to Avoid in Your Motion Application
All Positioning Stages are not Created Equal. Author: Matt Reck, PI
Quote / Order
Ask for a free quote on quantities required, prices, and lead times or describe your desired modification. All products available online can be ordered directly.