- Travel ranges from 52 to 155 mm (2" to 6")
- Repeatability to 0.1 µm
- Active Drive DC, BLDC, and DC gear motor
- Stepper motor
- Optional: Linear encoder for direct position measuring
- Direction-sensing reference switch
Reference-class linear positioner
High travel accuracy and load capacity thanks to recirculating ball bearing guides. Precision ball screw with 2 mm pitch. Stress-relieved aluminum base for highest stability. Noncontact optical limit switches. Noncontact optical reference switch with direction sensing in the middle of the travel range.
Motor types available
- ActiveDrive DC motor for high velocity: Control via pulse-width-modulated (PWM) signals, the operating voltage is achieved via an amplifier integrated in the motor housing
- DC servo motor with gearhead for high torques and resolution at low motor power
- Brushless DC motor: For applications with a high duty cycle. Use a controller with sine commutation for an exceptionally smooth synchronous motion and low vibrations even at a very low velocity.
- 2-phase stepper motor for low velocity and high resolution
Types of position measuring
- Without encoder (open loop)
- Rotary encoder integrated on the motor shaft
- Incremental linear encoder
Highly accurate position measuring with incremental linear encoder
Noncontact optical encoders measure the position directly at the platform with the greatest accuracy. Nonlinearity, mechanical play or elastic deformation have no influence on the measurement.
Autofocus. Laser cutting. Research. Biotechnology. Automation. Optical alignment.
Product Change Notification Motor Driven Products
User Manual MP140
L-511 High-Precision Linear Stage
Short Instructions MP146EK
Positioners with Electric Motors: DT-xx / HPS-170 / L-xxx / LS-xxx / MTS-65 / PRS-xxx / RS-40 / UPL-120 / VT-80 / WT-xx / WT-xxx
3-D model L-511.24AD00
L-511 3-D model
Quote / Order
Ask for a free quote on quantities required, prices, and lead times or describe your desired modification. All products available online can be ordered directly.