March 1, 2022
Dear valued customer,
The Corona virus pandemic is still affecting all of us. We continue to protect our employees and ensure the continuity of our business, at all of our manufacturing, R&D, sales and support sites in order to fulfil our delivery commitments to you, our customers.
- We implemented a central Corona Crisis Team that communicates by an intranet web page which is accessible to all our employees. It lists all rules / recommendations from local public health authorities as well as all PI specific regulations. It is closely monitored these rules are also followed.
- Travel activities / Visits / Trade Shows
Travel activities are limited to vital cases, each one needs to be signed off by C-Level Management. The same rules hold true regarding visits to PI.
Trips to and visits from high risk areas as defined by the Robert Koch Institute are not allowed at all.
- Internal Organization Rules
PI has already reduced its workforce presence on site, employees are working from home office wherever possible.
For people working on site in person
- meetings have been replaced by virtual ones wherever possible,
- arrangements have been made to allow a safety distance of 2m to be observed in all offices and production floors
- production teams and purchasing / engineering teams are working in separated shifts that do not overlap
- Supply Chain
We source parts early wherever possible to gain additional time to compensate any issues occurring at our sub suppliers. We use supply chain centers in main markets and use a worldwide supplier base to make our supply chains as robust as possible in the current climate. We are constantly polling our main suppliers to assess any potential risks.
In cases of delays, we communicate proactively and openly with our customers. Be assured, that we are exploring all options available to us, to ensure as little business impact as possible.
Take care and stay healthy!
Physik Instrumente GmbH & Co. KG